Friday, February 10, 2012

Together Forever... And so grateful!

Last Sunday in Relief Society one of the cute single sisters from the ward got up and shared a few personal things with us.  It sort of broke my heart listening to her talk about how much she longed for her own family.  She hoped and wished so much for a husband and to have children, and so far the opportunity hasn't presented itself to her.  As I sat there holding my wiggly tiny guy on my lap feeling a little bit flustered that I couldn't pay better attention to the lesson, and that I had to get up to change his diaper 3 TIMES just in that hour. . . I suddenly felt guilty for feeling a little bit frazzled.  I know it's normal (and okay) to get stressed being a new mom, as it really is a HUGE responsibility and adjustment, but I just hope little Treagan knows how much I really do love him.  And how grateful I am that he is mine. . . FOREVER.   Same with my sweet hub.  He works so hard for our little family and we are just so lucky to have him.  I remember clearly what it felt like when I got a very small taste of what this sister is going through.   I remember wondering if I'd ever find a husband.  I remember aching to have a baby a little bit sooner than we were able to.  I don't know why I only had to go through these little trials for a short time, or why others have to suffer through them so much longer.  But I am just so grateful for all that I have in my life.  Another thing recently that has made me want to hold my little one a little tighter is that now that I am home more often I watch the news and hear of all the awful things that happen to kids around the world.  For instance the Josh Powell thing.  Seriously, so so sad.  I just can't even imagine how difficult it'd be to lose something that is your everything.


 So even though this past week Trey has been quite a bit more fussy than usual, kind of a little monster when it comes to sleep, and he isn't really liking solids quite as much as he was. . . (All very frustrating things to a new mama) I am just going to enjoy every minute that I have with him!  And really sometimes he's good at making me feel incompetent as his mother.  And sheesh that causes me major anxiety, but I am really going to try not to let the small things get to me!  Anyway, I love my little family so much and am soo grateful for all that we have!  Just had to share it.

1 comment: