Saturday, April 14, 2012

His Room

So about 9ish months ago I was running around like a crazy person with major OCD trying to get everything ready for the arrival of my little bundle.  I kind of have always been a bit of a perfectionist (thanks mom), but when the whole "nesting instincts" thing hit me somewhere in the 3rd trimester, I turned into a little bit of a weirdo.  I suddenly had all sorts of ideas and visions, and actually attempted to be a crafty person.  I found myself just standing in the middle of Treagan's room 5-10 times a day just imagining what it'd be like to actually have a baby there.  I straightened and restraightened every little thing in there.  I folded and refolded every little piece of clothing until it was perfect!  I vacumed and dusted and lysoled.  Yup, all while I was supposed to be on "moderate bed rest."  Bad Lindsay.  But seriously, I wanted everything to be just right for my little guy!  Like he cared right?  Anyway, moral of this whole story is that today while I was putting new sheets on Trey's bed I found myself laughing as saw I spit up on the side of his crib and binkies thrown everywhere because his little room is no longer "perfect."  There's milk sprayed on the lazy boy, and baby poop on the rug. . . But, it's still perfect to me.  Because to me, this boy is perfect.  Another thing I realized this morning was that I never posted pics of his cute little nursery!  I planned on doing it before he came while it was still completely sterile and organized, but never got around to it.  So I snapped a couple pics of it, just so I can someday show him that even though he was completely oblivious to it, he did have a cute room to come home to!

And this is what makes this room so perfect!!!
The pictures aren't very good because while I was taking them I was trying to keep Trey from knocking over the humidifier or hitting his head on the dresser that he was climbing on.  But they will work.  I love the way his little room turned out.  It's so Treagan.

No comments:

Post a Comment