Monday, April 9, 2012

Easters. . .

I love Easter! It's such a happy time of year. Before I get talking about all the egg dying, basket hunting, and par-tay-ing, I wanna talk about how thankful I am for my Savior, since He is the reason for the whole thing. I've been so blessed to have been born into the gospel, and am so grateful for the faith I have in Christ. I know that He died for ME. Little old me. . . and I am grateful everyday of my life for his atoning sacrifice. Today we went to SL to go to church with my mom. She taught the lesson in RS and at the end they left a little bit of time for testimonies. There was this cute latin sister that got up and bore one of the purest, sweetest testimonies of the Savior I think I've ever heard. She said something like. . . He is my best friend. He is my teacher. He is my doctor. He is my psychiatrist. He is my brother. She said the other day her back was bothering her so she called her chiropractor to see if she could get it put back in alignment. He was out of town. So she said she prayed to her Heavenly Father in the name of Jesus Christ to please fix her back. She said please stretch forth your hand and put it on my back and heal me. And He did. She said I love my Savior. He is my best friend. He is my brother. He is even my chiropractor. I think my cheeks were hurting from smiling through her entire testimony. I probably didn't do a very good job of telling the story, but it was just so sweet and sincere. And it caused me to reflect so much for the rest of today. He really is my best friend. He really is my doctor, my teacher, my brother, my tutor, my everything. How many times have I called upon him when sick or lonely or whatever, and He is there. How grateful I am that He lives! He lives who once was dead. "We laugh, we cry, we work, we play, we love, we live. And then we die-. . . And dead we would remain but for one Man and His mission, even Jesus of Nazareth. . . " It's just amazing that He conquered death for all of us, and because of this, we can all be with our families for ever! HE IS RISEN! And I am so thankful.

So needless to say, it has been a great weekend. The weather could not have been more perfect too, which is always a bonus. We dyed eggs Friday night and then woke up to bunny pancakes. We did a little Easter egg hunt for our cute neighbors, and we gathered some things for Trey's first Easter basket. Then today, we went to church with my fam and then did Trey's first Easter egg hunt! It was so much fun! He and Cannon were cruising around the backyard looking for their baskets. They each had baskets from mommy and daddy and also one from Grammy. They are so spoiled! And then of course (since the Lauro kids can't seem to ever grow up), after the babies found their stuff and had new toys to occupy them, we had OUR Easter egg hunt. Ha ha I love that my mom still does fun stuff like this for us. It's even more fun now than it was back in the day cuz now the little plastic eggs are filled with all sorts of $$$, instead of candy. Then, as if the Easter egg hunt wasn't juvenile enough, we ran over to the school behind my mom's house and had recess. We played four square and poison and we HAD A BLAST! I love chillin with my siblings. Then we went back to my mama's for a delish dinner. She does so much for our fam! It was just a great day, and I am just feelin so blessed right now. Yayyyyy for it being Spring and for everything that comes with it, minus the allergies! Happy Easter everyone!
Bunny pancakes
The Easter Bunny visited us
Our pretty eggs
The supplies
Trey got this walker from Gma and Gpa B!  (Thanks so much!!!)  We couldn't wait to give it to him, and may or may not have given it to him before Easter.
Playing Easter Bunny for the neighbors
My handsome boys ready for church
Me and my baby
The Easter Bunny came!
Seriously RUNNING to get his basket!
New jammies, a sippy cup, puffs, a pinwheel, bubbles, what more could a man want?
Aunt Baba and T
Happy!!!
Brad and Cannon
Kisses from Grammy
Grammy and her boyfriends
What did you get?
Going through their baskets.
Blowing bubbles for Canno
Cute little nephew.  Aren't his blue eyes to die for???
Our first Easter as a little family
Da boys
He thinks he's so big!
Love
Best buds
4 square!  Poor Cannon wanted to play so bad!
I think it's pretty safe to say he had a fun first Easter!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so in love with those cute best friends!! How darling did they look?!? And you look awesome, as always! Loved this post!

    ReplyDelete