Wednesday, March 7, 2012

. . . My Baby You'll Be.


Bath #3 for the day. . .
 Well this week has definitely not been our best.  Starting Monday morning, Treagan came down with his first bout of the stomach flu.  He was pretty miserable Monday, did okay Tuesday, and then last night was a nightmare.  Kelly and I went to check on him before we went to bed and found him laying in the biggest puddle of puke, just sleeping right through it.  Saddest sight in all the world to see your sweet little bundle covered from head to toe!  So I took him and bathed him (again), Kelly took down his bedding in the crib and put on some clean ones, and we put him back to bed.  Then at 2 he was up crying and wouldn't stop unless I held him upright against me.  So I held him like that from 2 til about 6, and I was completely exhausted.  So Kelly got up with him for then next hour before he had to be to work.  He slept a little longer this morning, and then came the most piercing screams for not even kidding. . . 2 hours straight.  Completely inconsolable.  This is the part of being a Mama that is just so hard.  I didn't know what to do or how to help him.   Tried cuddling, tried toys, tried just about everything I could think of and nothing was working.  I didn't know if it was just that the poor boy was starving since he hasn't eaten in 3 days, or if his tummy was just hurting, or what!!!  So I said a little prayer, called my mom (of course), and decided to listen to what everything was telling me and take him in to the doctor.  I was super hesitant to because A) I work there, so I feel stupid not knowing what to do with a sick child when that's what I do all day is tell other mom's how to take care of their sick babies.  And B) because I didn't think they could do anything for him since the stomach bug is just a stupid virus.  I decided to put my pride aside and just go get him checked out.  They said, well he's probably miserable because not only is his stomach cramping from the stomach bug, but he has an EAR INFECTION!  What the?  And on top of the stomach flu they thought the oral antibiotics would just be too much for his little tummy to handle so they gave him a big shot of Rocephin.  Sad.  Sad.  Sad.  I feel sick every time I give a baby Rocephin because the needle is so freaking huge.  So when it was my own baby, man did it hurt!  Yes, all 3 of us left the office teary.  Luckily Daddy showed up right in time to help us get through the worst of it, and to give him a blessing during his lunch break.  (Which by the way Kellster, I am SO grateful for you and the Priesthood!!!!) Anwyay,  I'm sure this sounds totally dramatic.   It's just the stomach flu.  It's just an ear infection.  Yes it will pass!  But still, getting through it is causing lots of heartbreak and tears here in the Behunin household.  Anyway, hopefully the meds start kicking in soon and we can get our happy little baby back pronto!  Meanwhile, no matter what comes our way Baby Trey,  "I"ll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, MY BABY YOU'LL BE!!!"  I'd do anything for you.  Get better soon Tay Tay!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry Linds! I totally know how you feel! Both of my kids had the stomach flu that turned to RSV that then turned to double ear infections. It's SO hard seeing your baby so sick! You're a great Mom and I'm so glad you trusted your Motherly instinct to take him in. Luckily once the antibiotics kicked in for my kids they were much better. Feel better baby Trey! Hang in there Mama!

    ReplyDelete