Monday, August 1, 2011

Having a baby tomorrow. . .

Our Last Supper. . .


Gosh, you can't even read it. . . But seriously, my fortune cookie the other day said- "Good things come in small packages. Yours is coming!" YES HE IS!


Holly in her Big Sister shirt. She really is going to be the best big sis ever.

Trying out Treagan's swing

Well. . . it's 5 o’ clock in the morning and I have been tossing and turning all night and finally just decided to get out of bed and do something. ANYTHING but lay there and just think. So I'm blogging. I know, I know. I should be sleeping, enjoying these last moments of peace and quiet. But listen everybody. . . I am having a baby TOMORROW! Sleep is the last thing on my mind. Plus, try sleeping comfortably when you have a watermelon under your shirt. It's hard!

Anyway, Kellster and I have had a great final weekend together. We got a lot done and are feelin as ready as we'll ever be to meet our little guy. Friday night we went out with our friends the Skippers. We love chillin with them. Luckily that won't be a last cuz they already have a baby so it'll be easy to cart Trey along when we go with them. And then Saturday for our last date night alone and for Kelly's bday (yeah, yeah I know there's such a thing as a baby-sitter, but still) we went to T-Koto. YUU-UUM. I love that birthday boy.

Kind of a funny story about Holly in Treagan's swing. . . It's funny because we all joke about her weight since we were told when we got her that she'd probably be about 5 lbs full grown. Well she's easily over 9 lbs. So after we got it all put together I turned it on the lowest setting, trying to picture my sweet little bundle sleeping in there. And the thing was swinging like crazy! I started complaining to Kelly that there's no way a little tiny newborn would like that. Then I looked down and saw Holly. She obviously wanted to give it a go. So I picked her up and put her in the swing. Immediately the motor started humming louder and slowed down to a nice rock. I guess that's how they are supposed to work, but it was just funny cuz it made poor little Holly look like a fatso. . . Practically burning out the motor on the baby swing that's supposed to support up to 30 lbs. or something. Ha. We love her!

Oh and I also wanted to post the fam's guesses on how big Treagan is going to be-

(Apparently we are all going to be shocked when I deliver a 10 lb, bald baby. . . since everyone pretty much guessed tiny and hairy!!!)

Me- 6 lbs. 6 oz. 20" A little bit of dark-ish hair
Kelly- 6 lbs. 8 oz. 21" Average hair-brown
Grammy- 6 lbs. 4 oz. 20 1/2" Lots of dark hair
Ryan- 5 lbs. 13 oz. 19 1/2 " Dark hair
Allie- 5 lbs. 15 oz. 21" Lots of dark hair
Gentry- 6 lbs. 12 oz. 20" "Kelly-like" hair
Brad- 6 lbs. 1 oz. 20 1/4" "Cannon-like" hair
Daniel- 6 lbs. 9 oz. 20 1/2" Lots of dark hair
My dad- 7 lbs. 20" Dark hair
Ace- 6 lbs. 1 oz. 18 1/2" Brown hair
Grandma B- 6 lbs. 1 oz. 20 1/2" Lots of light hair
Grandpa B- 6 lbs. 4 oz. 19 1/2" Moderate amount of whispy blond hair
Brandt- 5 lbs. 14 oz. 18 1/2" Light, fuzzy hair
Amy- 6 lbs. 2 oz. 19" Blond, fuzzy hair
Penny- 7 lbs. 12 oz. 20" Brown faux hawk
Jared- 7 lbs. 7 oz. 20" Fully head of brown hair

Can't wait to see what the outcome really is! I guess I better go try and get a few last zzz's. I know I'm gonna need my rest. . . but I'm just you know, having a baby tomorrow is all. And a major surgery. Aint no thang right? I really have been quite nervous about the whole thing, but the sweet hubs gave me a blessing tonight and I really am feeling tons better now. I know everything is going to go well. I'm just hoping I set the record for the speediest C-section recovery ever!!! Alright folks, see ya later! Next post will be all about our newest little addition! YIKES!

1 comment: