Monday, May 16, 2011

Work Shmwork


I really do love my job. I'm feeling so so grateful that Kelly's hard work has given me the opportunity to be a stay at home mama when the time comes... That afterall, is the job I've always wanted. But I'm not gonna lie, I really do think I'll miss my job. I don't think tons of people can say that. I love the people I work for and with, and above all I love what I do. I've always been obsessed with babies and kids, so being with them all day and helping them feel better is really a dream. Obviously, I don't always have the best attitude about going to work because no matter what you do.. work is work. But today I'm just feeling grateful that I have a job, that I'm able to work through my pregnancy so far, and that I love it.
Plus, working with kids really can be absolutely hilarious. The other day I was checking in a little kindergarten age girl. I was doing her vision screen and she was doing a great job. Then all of a sudden she started squinting her cute little eyes and saying "Umm... Ummm.." So I said, "If you can't see them, it's okay. Just tell me they are too small." THEN SHE SAYS, "Well, ummm.. your tummy is kinda in the way." HA!!! MY BAD. Gotta love kids. So much. Can't wait to have one of my own. Don't worry.. when I went back in the room to do her shots she had drawn me a picture AND told me I'm almost as pretty as Cinderella. Almost. Thank you dear. Welp, I'm sure you'll hear from me again soon. We have another dr apt/ultrasound tomorrow. Please bless that all is well...

2 comments:

  1. Oh my friend i know what you mean being a mom is the greatest thing in the world,and for you to be able to stay at home is such a blessing and i can't tell you how much i wish that i could have that time to be with my little "O". But someday i will be able to. But i will truley miss you when you have that little one. I just love you so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baahahaha that is so funny it really is ture that kids say the funnest things. We love sharing the things kids say to us at work.
    Youre so lucky you dont have to go back its so hard to leave him plus when I see the little kids now its much harder.

    ReplyDelete