Friday, November 4, 2011

Children


Not sure who loves bath time more. . .



I loved Neil L Anderson's talk from conference last month. It really touched my little heart. . . probably mostly because I had just had a baby 2 months before, but it totally related to my life and my new feelings toward my sweet child. Anyway, I just keep thinking about words from his talk when I look at my little baby. "I testify of the great blessing of children and of the happiness they will bring us in this life and in the eternities." I concur. Seriously this kid has brought me joy I didn't ever know possible.

It's funny how being a parent really does make you find happiness in the simple things. Like. . . I am SO happy when he poops. Weird I know. But it makes me so happy when he grunts and grunts and finally gets it out cuz I know his tummy feels better. And I'm so happy when I look at him in his peaceful sleep. Or when he's just so excited to eat or take a bath. I'm so happy when he coos and laughs. It makes me happy when he's fussing and then smiles when he sees me. SO happy when he is happy. He is just pure joy.

3 comments:

  1. It was SO fun to see you two today. I better see him again before he starts WALKING. =) Good luck on TUESDAY. I CAN NOT wait to hear about it. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids really do make us so happy, don't they! And it's hard to explain. I can't believe he's getting so big and we still haven't been down to see you. We're slackers. Hopefully during the holidays we can get together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so cute! I can't wait to meet the little man next month!! Kids are so much fun and they truly are a blessing! It was so good talking to you yesterday we need to do it more :) Love ya

    ReplyDelete