Monday, January 14, 2013

Dear Colston...

Dear Baby Boy Number 2. . .

The house is clean.  Your big brother is napping.  And I am sitting here enjoying your little kicks inside my belly, with nothing that needs to be done, so I decided I'd write you a letter.  I've been thinking about you a lot lately, especially as we hit the halfway mark about a month ago.  This pregnancy is flying by and although part of me can't wait to meet you and to love on you, the other part of me is so super nervous!  Sometimes I wonder what in the world I was thinking when I thought I could handle two babies.  Treagan has suddenly become quite the handful lately and has got me second guessing my adequacy for handling two of you!  So I guess I'm just asking a little favor.  A mama-to-son favor.  Do you think you could be an extra sweet baby when you get here?  Treagan definitely showed no mercy on your daddy and I as new parents.  He broke us in real quick with his poor little tummy hurting all the time!  But I was hoping that maybe we could not have colic or reflux.  Eh?  That way you can be a happy baby boy and just give Mommy a little confidence as a young mama.  Well either way, grumpy or happy baby, know that we will love you.  We already do.  Just like we did with your big brother, we talk about our hopes and dreams for you, what you might look like and be like, and who you're going to become.  We want nothing but happiness for you while you are here on this Earth, and hope you'll always know of our never-ending love for you.  I know you and Treagan will become the bestest of little buddies and that's why I am so excited to have two cute little boys so close in age.  I hope you will both be good examples to one another and that you'll always be able to talk to each other and also to Daddy and me.  Colston, our little family loves you so much already!  Even though Trey is too little to fully understand that he's got a baby brother coming in a few months and his whole world is about to change, he loves you.  He always says 'baby' and kisses my belly and then he will say 'Cole.'  Daddy loves you.  You move the most when he's around and when he puts his hand on my belly to feel for you.  Holly of course loves you.  She loves babies that will just lay there and not pounce on her or pull her tail like T does.  I, of course, love you more than you'll ever know.  I'll definitely do my very best to be the greatest mommy in the world for you!  "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be!"  We can't wait for you to get here, and pray every single day that you will continue to grow into a perfect and healthy little guy!  Keep doin what your doin little boy, you've done great so far!  We love you and can't wait for you to join us.  Until then, say hi to all of our sweet family and friends you are hanging out with up there.  See you soon.

Love, Mom
Gosh you are just the cutest little peanut!

1 comment:

  1. I love your little letter to your little man. How sweet and special. Here's hoping you get your wish for a perfectly sweet little boy.

    ReplyDelete