Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I Guess Today You Can Call Me Eeyore...


Well we had our appointment today. I really do love seeing what Treagan is doing in there. I mean I get to feel it all day, but actually seeing it just somehow melts my heart. He's a funny little man. He was spread eagle the entire ultrasound. The u/s tech just kept laughing at what he was doing. He had one hand in his mouth, sucking his thumb.. SO ADORABLE. And then the other hand... all five fingers wrapped tightly around his little boy part! Ha SO funny. She kept taking pictures and we all laughed about how he is pure boy already. We love him.
Now, that was the good news. Trey is happy and well, and perfect. SO thankful. But we did get some bad news too. The partial placenta previa that I had has now turned to complete previa. We were all hoping and praying that it would correct itself, and were actually pretty hopeful because our Doctor had told us that most cases do fix themselves. However, I'm one of the lucky 2 percent that is stuck with it. Awesome. I know, I know.. it could be worse. That's why I really am trying to keep positive and not be such a downer about it. I mean, we are really blessed. But still I have to admit it's got me bummed out today. How fitting that it's raining outside. Anyway, luckily they said they'll allow me to continue on just moderate bedrest for now. Just got to be very careful. No sudden movements, and no exertion. Which means still no exercising, and gosh that just makes me seriously sad. I really love to be able to be active so I guess that's the hardest part. The other part that's got me down was hearing my doctor tell me that we will go C-Section. I dunno why, but that gives me major anxiety! I need someone who's had a great experience with a C-section to tell me how awesome it is. I'm super nervous about that. And I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little bummed that I don't even get to experience going into labor. Sounds dumb I'm sure.. Who wants to experience labor? I did though. I guess I just always pictured it that way so being told it's gonna be different, and proably done sooner than planned just kinda stresses me out. Anyway, I'm just a little sad today. Didn't get the news I'd tried so hard to have faith for. For now we will continue to pray that Trey keeps cooking. I want to keep him in there as long as possible! Sweet boy. Anyway, just needed to get a little ventage out of my little hurting heart. Still so grateful for this whole experience and that I get to be Treagan's mama. I can't wait.

8 comments:

  1. Linds-
    Im so happy and sad to hear this. glad everything so far is going good Ill keep my fingers crossed. I think it funny he was "holding himself" but the thumb sucking would worry me if he is already starting that I be he keeps it up. Parx always had his hands by his face in his u/s and even now he loves to have them up and gets mad if we try to hold them down.
    Anyway about the c-section i dont personally know( I really did enjoy my labor. but there is always hope for a vbac next time) but a girl I work with gets c-sections and Loves them she got to watch them and everything. she didnt have problems with recovery or anything. You may really want a bellyband now one thing they were good for was c-sections. Other wise hope your guys are doing well. If you need anything let me know, love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. C-sections are the BEST, I'm still alive and would do it the same way again even if I had the choice!! Keep your head up Linds, everything will be great and will work out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linds, I understand how you are sad about not being able to have a "normal" labor. But I have to tell you that a C-section is not bad especially if you get to be awake and have Kelly by your side! The recovery is probably a little bit longer than a normal delivery, but all in all it is not bad! You guys are in our thoughts and prayers and I hope everything heals itself! I love ya and think about you all the time! Keep in touch!
    P.S. Where are my belly pics you promised???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are allowed to be bummed! Being pregnant is not easy and it is okay to feel ALL of those crazy emotions. Sorry about the c-section, I have heard of some people that really loved having them. :) Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lindsay! This is Lisa Player and I happened to find your blog through FB. That is so exciting that you are prego and don't worry too much about the c-section. That is the way I had to go and I didn't have a hard recovery at all. I have a friend that had a baby the same time as me and tore really bad and I am pretty sure that my recovery was easier than hers. I know what you mean about the whole experiencing labor part...I felt that way too at first, but as long as he gets here safe and sound it doesn't matter how! Hang in there and good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey sweetie! You know I can give you lots of info and advice about c-sections since all three of my babies have arrived that way! I will tell you a couple good things to try to boost your sprits :)
    First, being able to plan the delivery date is really nice! Second, it is soooo fast! I mean really, like minutes from the time you go back until you get to see and hear your baby! Third, c-sections babies are the cutest right after delivery. No bruising or cone heads :)
    I have lots of pointers for a quick recovery so I will be sure to pass those on to you. Can't wait to see you and your cute belly. Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww thanks everybody! I really feel better already. Just had a pitty party for a day or two there. And still I get stressed when I think about it, but really you guys have made me feel lots better. So thanks! Love you all. Steph, yes I will be hitting you up for any trick you have! Thanks guys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. one of my good friends got a c-section and LOVED it so i was almost hoping i would have to have one! I've heard that if you have a good doctor, the recovery doesn't suck either. i can tell you that i had a horrible recovery delivering vaginally and i would LOVE to get a c-section for the next one!! but i am just so thrilled for you linds! and i miss ya lots!

    ReplyDelete